Venues | Festiwal TOS

Contrast version

Zmiana rozmiaru tekstu

Banner - front

The box office is open on Friday from 1pm to 7pm and one hour before each concert. We encourage you to buy tickets online.
grafika główna festiwalu

Główna zawartość






The Old Market Square

The beating heart of Toruń. It was established during the second stage of the city’s medieval development. At the beginning it was a trading square, where certain places were named after the goods that were sold there. The most representative place in the market – its western frontage (called the tournament square) – is where meetings of townsmen, games and knightly tournaments were held. The most important buildings in the Market Square include the Old Town Hall, which is one of the most outstanding examples of medieval architecture, the neo-Renaissance Artus Court and the 18th century Holy Spirit Church. In 1935 the Old Town Square was entered in the register of monuments. It was also placed under conservation protection as part of the historic urban layout of the Old and New Town.

The Old Town Hall

The building of this once main landmark in the city is one of the most magnificent gothic objects in metropolitan areas in Europe. Its current form is the result of architectural transformations over many centuries. It was created at the end of the 14th century, during the peak period in the city’s development. Its functionality was also unique, combining commercial, administrative, and judicial functions. Today the object belongs to the District Museum and holds in its interiors collections of Gothic art, craftwork, portraits of Polish kings, a gallery of Polish painting, Toruń coins, and extremely valuable treasures of Skrwilno and Nieszawa.

The Burghers’ Hall

The Burghers’ Hall took its name from the collection of portraits and coats of arms of Toruń’s citizens. It was the most important room of the Town Hall and on several occasions hosted royals, envoys and other important personalities. It was here that the Prussian councils gathered, as did, on three occasions, the Polish Sejm. In this room, power was passed over to Poles in 1920. These days, it still serves as a representative hall, which hosts meetings, conferences and concerts.

The Artus Court

The present building of the Artus Court, one of the most representative of Toruń’s Old Town, was constructed in the years 1889-1891 by Rudolf Schmidt in place of three other buildings. The original Artus Court from 1386 was the central point of social life for the richest townsmen. It was here that the Second Peace of Toruń was signed. The original building was demolished in 1802 due to its poor technical condition, and replaced in 1829 with a new, two-storey object intended as a theatre stage. It also used to be a part of the Nicolaus Copernicus University and the student club Od Nowa. Today the building still plays an essential role in the cultural and social life of the city. It is now the seat of the Artus Court Cultural Centre.

CKK Jordanki

The multi-purpose concert and conference hall, the newest in Toruń, was built in 2013-2015. Officially opened on 12 December 2015, it became the new seat of the Toruń Symphony Orchestra. In 2008, out of 22 projects submitted to the international competition for a Concert Hall in Toruń, the concept by the Spanish architect Fernando Menis, the founder of the practice Menis Arquitectos SLP, was selected. The Culture and Congress Centre consists of four modules, which contain a concert hall with 882 seats, a Chamber Hall with 287 seats, conference rooms, a café, offices, and a two-storey underground car park with 185 parking spaces.

St Stephen's Church

The church was built in Gothic revival style in 1902-1904 on the site of the former city moat by the present-day street Wały gen. Sikorskiego. It was designed by Richard Gans from Berlin for the Evangelical-Reformed community established in 1676. Severely damaged during WWII, it was handed over to the Evangelical-Augsburg Parish and, after renovation, reconsecrated on 26 August 1945 when it received its present name.  It has two naves, a modest apse pointing to the west and a tower in the north-east corner. The Gothic revival style stained-glass dates back to the time of construction as well as the 13-voice organ, lectern, baptismal font and pews. The church is also known for the 17th century painting "The Adoration of the Lamb" transferred from the former Holy Trinity church on the New Market Square.


The Amphitheatre of "Baj Pomorski"

Shakespeare Theatre in Toruń, modeled on "The Globe" theatre in London, is the second building of this type in Poland. It has the form of artistic installation, consisting of several elements: an amphitheatre with a roofed auditorium, an animated sculpture park consisting of 120 dolls and 12 scenes related to seasons.